The last undammed tributary of the Colorado River System, the free flowing Yampa River is a gem all to itself. Beginning in Deer Lodge Colorado. our Yampa River trips take you for an amazing 71 mile journey. Along the way you will experience astounding sandstone cliffs, thrilling Colorado whitewater, incredible campsites and so much more.
Your Yampa River trip with Dinosaur River Expeditions encompasses fun whitewater rafting and inflatable kayaking through some spectacular white water. The guides will lead hikes to some of the finest ancient Native American sites in Dinosaur National Monument where you will see 700 year old petroglyphs, early pioneer sites and the most amazing vistas of western canyons found anywhere.
Camping along the shore of Colorado's Yampa River is unbelievable; the views alone will leave you speechless. Your rafting trip guides will prepare some of the most remarkable meals leaving no appetite unsatisfied. Dutch ovens will steam with fresh, nutritious, dining such as homemade Peach Cobbler and to die for Lasagna.
The views and food are not the only thing that make camp time special, your guides are fantastic at camp entertainment. They may surprise you with an impromptu skit, a fun rafting trip game or great stories of river trips from the past. Book your greatest whitewater rafting adventure vacation today with Dinosaur River Expeditions it will be unforgettable.
- Small travel pillow
- Sleeping bag appropriate for the nighttime temperature of your trip
- Inflatable sleeping pad
- Tent with good rain fly
A sleeping kit rental is available for $40.00 a person. The sleeping kit includes a comfortable sleeping bag rated for 20 degrees, river pad, and a pillow. Upon request we have available tents for an additional $20.
- Two-piece rain suit (Gore-Tex works well)
- 2 swimsuits (2-piece swimsuit and quick-drying shorts recommended for women)
- 2 quick-drying shirts (long sleeve and/or short sleeve)
- 1-2 pair comfortable lightweight pants/shorts and shirt with underwear for camp
- Warm jacket
- Warm pants
- Warm hat or beanie
- 1 pair socks
- 1 pair quick-drying pants (optional - for sun protection)
- Sturdy water sandals or water shoes. Based on the type and condition of your footwear, you may want to consider a backup pair of sandals or shoes in case of any damage
- Comfortable footwear for camp (optional – someguests prefer to change out of wet sandals or shoes into flip flops or other light weight shoes)
- Hat for sun protection with string or hat clip
- Personal hygiene products
- Plenty of sunscreen 30 spf or greater with uva and uvb protection
- Sunscreen lip balm
- After-sun moisturizing lotion
- Biodegradable soap and shampoo in small bottles
- Water bottle 20 oz or larger, water is available on all boats for refills
- Travel Mug
- Small towel and wash cloth
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Small pack of tissues
- Small headlamp or flashlight with extra batteries
- Insect repellant (small container)
- Sunglasses with safety strap
- Camera – waterproof digital camera with extra batteries and memory cards recommended
- Medication if needed (cool storage is available)
- Cash for gratuities (The guides work very hard to make your vacation excellent, gratuities are much appreciated. A standard guideline is $25.00 per person per day given at the end of the trip. Gratuity is split equally among the guide staff.)
- 2 small carabineers for clipping day-use bag and water bottle to ropes
- Mile-by-Mile River Guide Book
- Fishing gear well protected rods in cases (buy appropriate state fishing license)