green river whitewater rafting trips
From the banks of the Green River in historic Browns Park in Colorado, home to the famous outlaws Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. You will catch your first glimpse of Lodore Canyon. Also known as the Gates of Lodore 44 miles of the finest Colorado white water rafting. It is time for your Utah river rafting adventure to begin.
A lazy couple of miles allow you to settle into the flow and rhythm of the river. Once into Lodore Canyon you will have a blast in the electrifying whitewater. Some of the western United States best rapids such as Disaster Falls and Hells Half Mile will thrill to no end. The Green River in Dinosaur National Monument is a sanctuary to some of Colorado's most spectacular wildlife. Along the voyage you will have the opportunity to see Big Horn sheep, Mule Deer and a vast array of other wildlife that call the Green River home. The Green River has history from the millions of year old rock formations to the more recent human history. Early explorer John Wesley Powell first documented the Green River in 1869 traveling the class III and IV white water rapids in wooden boats. Our modern river rafting equipment is far superior to those early wooden boats will make your river trip one of comfort, excitement and a high level of safety. Book your unforgettable rafting trip today with Dinosaur River Expeditions, it will be cherished forever.
Crystal clear water flows out of Utah's Flaming Gorge Reservoir. Vernal, UT is the beginning of your Green River white water rafting expedition. Whether you are out for a one day or multi day adventure you will be left speechless at the grandeur of the Green River and Flaming Gorge country. The clear waters of the Utah's Green River provide some the most prized trout fishing in the world. Paddle your own inflatable kayak through the super fun class II rapids with names like Mother-in-Law and Red Creek. If paddling your own river rafting boat is not your idea of a vacation let our experienced guides row you down the river in leisurely comfort. The towering red cliffs and ancient Ponderosa pine trees provide scenery incomparable with anything you have ever experienced.
Our Utah river rafting trips in the Flaming Gorge region are perfect for everyone, from the most novice looking for their first time river thrill to the most experienced outdoor traveler. We offer something for everyone with an awesome "Learn to Whitewater" course to the value packed family oriented overnight. Book your next rafting trip adventure today with Dinosaur River Expeditions it will be an experience of a lifetime.
- Small travel pillow
- Sleeping bag appropriate for the nighttime temperature of your trip
- Inflatable sleeping pad
- Tent with good rain fly
A sleeping kit rental is available for $40.00 a person. The sleeping kit includes a deluxe air mattress, comfortable sleeping bag rated for 20 degrees, a pillow and upon request we have available four person tents.
- Two-piece rain suit (Gore-Tex works well)
- 2 swimsuits (2-piece swimsuit and quick-drying shorts recommended for women)
- 2 quick-drying shirts (long sleeve and/or short sleeve)
- 1-2 pair comfortable lightweight pants/shorts and shirt with underwear for camp
- Warm jacket
- Warm pants
- Warm hat or beanie
- 1 pair socks
- 1 pair quick-drying pants (optional - for sun protection)
- Sturdy water sandals or water shoes. Based on the type and condition of your footwear, you may want to consider a backup pair of sandals or shoes in case of any damage
- Comfortable footwear for camp (optional – some guests prefer to change out of wet sandals or shoes into flip flops or other light weight shoes)
- Hat for sun protection with string or hat clip
- Personal hygiene products
- Plenty of sunscreen 30 spf or greater with uva and uvb protection
- Sunscreen lip balm
- After-sun moisturizing lotion
- Biodegradable soap and shampoo in small bottles
- Water bottle 20 oz or larger, water is available on all boats for refills
- Travel Mug
- Small towel and wash cloth
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Small pack of tissues
- Small headlamp or flashlight with extra batteries
- Insect repellant (small container)
- Sunglasses with safety strap
- Camera – waterproof digital camera with extra batteries and memory cards recommended
- Medication if needed (cool storage is available)
- Cash for gratuities (The guides work very hard to make your vacation excellent, gratuities are much appreciated. A standard guideline is $25.00 per person per day given at the end of the trip. Gratuity is split equally among the guide staff.)
- 2 small carabineers for clipping day-use bag and water bottle to ropes
- Mile-by-Mile River Guide Book
- Fishing gear well protected rods in cases (buy appropriate state fishing license)